I have been eyeing this magentic polish in Rite Aid for about a month now! I already have a few magnetic polishes in my stash, but this snakeskin effect is way different than anything I own. Yesterday the display was really picked through so I finally broke down and bought a bottle before I missed my chance! This gorgeous green shade is called Force Field. I totally messed up the first mani I did… so here’s some tips that I learned:
- apply a basecoat and then one thin coat of the magnetic polish
- wait for that first coat of color to dry
- apply a healthy second coat and place the magnet over the nail
- the magnet may not reach all areas of your nail, but DO NOT rotate your finger from side to side to get better magnetic coverage- this will just mess up the crispness of the design
- wait for the magnetized second coat to dry before putting a topcoat on or else you’ll ruin the cool snakeskin effect
The manufacturers website says that the Sinfully Magnetic Snakeskin collection is available exclusively at Rite Aid. I picked up my bottle for $4.99. I bet the magnet that came with it will work awesome with other brands of magnetic polish too (some of the other magnets I own are puny and don’t even cover the length of your nail). Plus, this one has a nailguard to prevent you from accidentally smushing your wet nail into the magnet.
I give this polish 5 stars 🙂 Here’s a close-up…