Day 21 of the nail art challenge is STAMPING! I love stamping- I first started stamping a little over two years ago when I bought a Konad Starter Kit a the Excalibur Hotel in Las Vegas. There was a vendor there selling all kinds of konad stuff and she would demo it for anyone who walked by with fingernails. I was already thinking of buying some konad online (even before my Vegas trip) so when I saw her booth I was like, ‘OK, lady- show me what you got!’ The starter kit had some really puny small designs like tiny flowers and stuff and I really wanted some full-nail designs- so the lady kept trying to get me to combine my order with some stranger standing next to me so I’d get free items or something. Uh, no thank you. Just gimme my starter kit and I’m outta here! I think the kit was about $40 and when I got home I realized I could’ve bought the individual items way cheaper online- but oh well! After that I kept buying individual Konad plates on amazon for $7 a pop… which got kinda pricey! Plus, as my nails got longer I needed plates with larger designs. I did some research and found out about Cheeky Plates. Cheeky is said to have some of the biggest designs on the market. So I purchased this awesome Summer Collection Bundle with 20 plates in it! It was $20 on amazon which basically means each plate is one US dollar- so I was sold! Plus, the designs come in this cool storage box which is very handy! Check it out:
Enough yammering about my stamping history- let’s see my design for day 21!
I started by painting my nails in OMBRE using mostly green Orlys. I used these 5 colors:
Alpine Snow by OPI (thumb)
Jealous Much? by Orly (pointer)
Gumdrop by Orly (middle)
Green with Envy by Orly (ring)
Lucky Duck by Orly (pinkie)
Then I stamped on top with Konad special polish and Cheeky plate 33 (CH33). Then I topped it off with some MASH Matte Top Coat.
21. Stamping :
What brand stamping plates do you use?
Just a quick post to thank a few bloggers for recently nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I read each and every one of their lovely blogs! Here’s a special shout out to these ladies for nominating me:
Eeeek! Nail Polish!
Short & Sweet in Texas
Ooh La La Nails
buy ALL the colors!
The Nail Boss
Nail Art for Dummies
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add the ”One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
- Share 7 things about you
- Pass the award on to seven nominees
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
Here’s who I nominate:
Polish Me, Please!
Pocket Money Polishes
In The Gray Areas
Here’s my 7 random facts:
- I played field hockey and basketball in high school. Field hockey I can live without, but sometimes I miss playing basketball all the time.
- I’m seriously thinking about getting one of those fitness gadgets that you wear 24hrs. Like maybe FitBit, Nike Fuelband or the Jawbone UP. Did you know some of them monitor your sleep and have an alarm that won’t wake you up til you reach the correct sleep cycle? I need all the help I can get when it comes to waking up in the AM!
- I have become addicted to seltzer lately. Water, tea and seltzer are my faves.
- I have the weirdest dreams and remember most of them in the morning.
- My favorite nail polish brand is Orly. But they recently changed the design of their bottle and cap? This is upsetting to me.
- If I ever have a son he will probably be very tall and blond and I wanna name him THOR… but I bet my friends and family won’t let me 😦
- My name is Jacqueline but the shortened version is JACQUI. Everyone spells it like the more common version: JACKIE. My name is misspelled so often I don’t even notice it anymore!
Here’s some random pics of my nails… a lil spam is always nice!
Orly Gumdrop… a nice cream turquoise. I used this as the base for my AriZona Green Tea Nails ↓
OPI Elephantastic Pink… a beautiful vibrant pink. I used this color for my crazy underside mani ↓
Nautical nails using my new Cheeky stamping plates (CH36 and CH38)↓
Thanks for reading… and thanks for thinking my blog is lovely!! Muah!
Day 21 of the Nail Art Challenge is FLORAL DAY and this is my chance to finally try cherry blossoms! Last month I got an Arizona Iced Tea during my lunch break- and look how cute the can is! I put green tea/ cherry blossoms on my mental to-do list and I’ve been saving the can ever since. 🙂
I did a gradient using Orly Gumdrop and a mixture of two yellows- AVON Inspire and wet n wild The Wonder Yellows. Then I free-hand painted some branches with a black polish. The cherry blossoms were dotted on with a dotting tool and a Sephora by OPI polish called Access 24/7.
Came out better than I could have hoped. Too bad I have to take it off soon in preparation of the next nail art challenge design. I woulda loved to prance around with my arizona iced tea nails a little bit longer! I hope you like them too!