Ok, now would be a good time to let your nails dry….this is going to be a wordy one. Well, wordier than my normal posts anyway. I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award and I’m going to take some time to show my gratitude and gush about all the other cool bloggers I know! A sincere thanks to these wonderful bloggers for nominating me. It’s so great they they enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy theirs- Short & Sweet in Texas, beyondthebasecoat, thebubblybrunette, Live, Light & Beauty, and Brijit’s Digits !
Here are the rules if you’ve been nominated: Nominate 15 fellow bloggers that you love and who are relatively new to blogging. Let them know that you have nominated them. Share 7 random facts about yourself. Thank the blogger who has nominated you. Then add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
Who I nominate: Keep in mind that all these awesome bloggers are pretty new to the blogosphere! Here’s who I nominate along with my favorite posts from each of them…
- Mouthwatering Motivation « I love this diet and nutrition blog! Reading Sammy’s daily posts reminds me to keep on track with my healthy eating! If you like to focus more on protein than on carbs, then you will love this protein bar recipe!
- Sockmonkey’s Kitchen « I love the name. I love her foodie posts. Here’s a yummy ‘Ironman’ post to remind you to eat your vitamins! Thanks mom.
- thebeautifulcraft « Since I have a fondness for craftiness I love her cute homemade headband tutorial ! She also posts about makeup and nails- basically, anything that’s beautiful!
- Galaxy Star 7 « Wanna read some book reviews? Wanna learn some cool new nail tips? And did you know you could print and download ‘nail doodle sheets’? That reminds me to visit her post and print some of those sheets right now!
- escape.by.beauty « Ashley is a new nail blogger and says that this zebra stripe design was her first try at acrylic paints. Well, look how awesome this animal print came out!
- Short & Sweet in Texas « Want some serious nail art eye-candy? Every one of Julie’s nail posts is beautiful. Check out this beach-themed manicure she created!
- Naillion « I cannot get over these Rockabilly nails! I freakin love them.
- Eeeek! Nail Polish! « Her long sassy fingernails will blow your mind. Do you follow Eeeek! Nail Polish’s blog? If not, click your way over there right now and follow her, ok?! Do it like now. I can wait….
- Lekker Lacquer « For someone who just started nail blogging a few months ago, Talia’s nail art looks so professional! Check out the ‘ugly sweater’ manicure that she did for a holiday nail art challenge. Her nails totally look like ugly sweaters! And I mean that in the nicest way possible. LOL
- Polish or Die « I think the photos of Kelli’s nails are beautiful- maybe she should be a hand model lol. Check out these cute sunglasses that she stamped on her nails!
Random facts about me:
- I really enjoy music and my current favorite band from the last few years is Kings of Leon!
- I’m very interested in spiritual, paranormal, and other fun stuff. I own a few sets of tarot cards and I check my horoscope everyday (I’m a Cancer). I’m also into psychic phenomenon which has been inspired by the weird psychic stuff that happens between my mom and I. Palm-reading, ghost sitings, dream interpretation… I love all this kinda stuff! I feel like there’s more to the world than what we can see with our own two eyes.
- I love cooking- my faves are soups, vegetables and big huge homemade pizzas. I contemplated starting my blog about pizzas and recipes…. but I’m glad I chose nails instead. Can you imagine having to cook and eat giant pizzas several times a week? Well now that I think about it- yes…. yes I can!
- I think I might be too empathetic since I can cry at the drop of a hat! I easily tear up several times during the course of a movie, a Dr Phil talk-show episode, or even a silly commercial. I love to laugh, or feel sad, or feel scared or any extreme emotion really. In life I feel like if I don’t feel anything, then what’s the point?
- I work as a college financial aid counselor that specializes technical/computer stuff and student loans. As a result, I’m very passionate about financial literacy and student loan debt. I could go on and on about rising college costs, loan repayment, the government’s role in providing access to affordable higher education, etc… I think I’ll stop while I’m ahead.
- Ya know those ugly plastic shoes called Crocs? Well, I love them. I know a lot of people think they are horribly ugly. And they are. But they are so comfy and I would wear them 24/7 if I could. In fact, I wish I had a croc blanket to wrap around myself from head to toe.
- My French ancestors settled my little U.S. town (in New York State) back in the 1600’s. I am the 11th generation in this same town! My full name is very French-sounding but I don’t pronounce it that way normally. I usually go with the Americanized version … but if I’m feeling fancy I’ll say it with a french accent! Mais, oui!
Thanks for reading my blog everyone! I’m having a blast on wordpress and I’m so happy to have met so many wonderful bloggers!