Just a quick post to thank a few bloggers for recently nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I read each and every one of their lovely blogs! Here’s a special shout out to these ladies for nominating me:
Eeeek! Nail Polish!
Short & Sweet in Texas
Ooh La La Nails
buy ALL the colors!
The Nail Boss
Nail Art for Dummies
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Add the ”One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
- Share 7 things about you
- Pass the award on to seven nominees
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
Here’s who I nominate:
Polish Me, Please!
Pocket Money Polishes
In The Gray Areas
Here’s my 7 random facts:
- I played field hockey and basketball in high school. Field hockey I can live without, but sometimes I miss playing basketball all the time.
- I’m seriously thinking about getting one of those fitness gadgets that you wear 24hrs. Like maybe FitBit, Nike Fuelband or the Jawbone UP. Did you know some of them monitor your sleep and have an alarm that won’t wake you up til you reach the correct sleep cycle? I need all the help I can get when it comes to waking up in the AM!
- I have become addicted to seltzer lately. Water, tea and seltzer are my faves.
- I have the weirdest dreams and remember most of them in the morning.
- My favorite nail polish brand is Orly. But they recently changed the design of their bottle and cap? This is upsetting to me.
- If I ever have a son he will probably be very tall and blond and I wanna name him THOR… but I bet my friends and family won’t let me 😦
- My name is Jacqueline but the shortened version is JACQUI. Everyone spells it like the more common version: JACKIE. My name is misspelled so often I don’t even notice it anymore!
Here’s some random pics of my nails… a lil spam is always nice!
Orly Gumdrop… a nice cream turquoise. I used this as the base for my AriZona Green Tea Nails ↓
OPI Elephantastic Pink… a beautiful vibrant pink. I used this color for my crazy underside mani ↓
Nautical nails using my new Cheeky stamping plates (CH36 and CH38)↓
Thanks for reading… and thanks for thinking my blog is lovely!! Muah!
When I saw the array of pixie dust colors I knew this nude one called Godiva was my fave! So I purchased this polish back when the Zoya collection first came out! Sorry that I’m so behind the ball with swatching this pixie dust! But there’s a few reasons why I kept pushing this fresh bottle of polish to the back of my stash:
♦ The instructions say to apply this without a basecoat, and that just seems icky to me. I always wear a strengthening basecoat. Always.
♦ Pixie Dust is meant to be worn without a topcoat too. And patience is not one of my virtues, hence my love for quick-drying seche vite topcoat! So I’m gonna have to wait for Godiva to dry on it’s own? Every time I try that I end up with sleepy sheet marks on my nails! Even if I wait HOURS for a polish to dry I will still mess it up when I’m asleep.
So I pushed my issues aside and finally tried my pretty Godiva! I did use a base coat though since other bloggers said it didn’t make a difference. I applied it on a sunday so I had the full day to wait for it to dry. I needed three coats to make it opaque. It’s beautiful and the texture doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. In fact, I really like it and I think it makes my nails feel stronger! I especially notice it when I get out of the shower- my nails are usually soft and bendy then, but they felt strong and tough with my pixie dust on! Another thing I like is how glittery and glisteny it is in the sun. I took this pic in the sun to try to capture it- and check out the burst of glimmer in this pic ↓ I didn’t even photoshop it! 🙂
But after 24 hrs I was a little bored with all the nudeness … so I tried out one of my new Cheeky brand stamping plates! I went with this weird circle design (CH48). Out of all the ones to choose from I picked this weirdo splotchy one? I guess it kinda reminded me of rocks and I thought that would look good with the organic appeal that Godiva has. It was fun and easy to stamp on pixie dust! It soaked right in and I didn’t need topcoat. Next time I will pick a plate with a more crisp image and see how that transfers onto the textured polish.
I’ve been wearing Godiva for about 52 hrs now and it’s holding up well. I think I might invest in another pixie dust… maybe from Zoya’s new summer collection. They have some really pretty colors! So have you tried this stuff out? What did you think of it?