I was in the mood for playful nails so I dug into my stash of nail decals for something cutesy. A while ago I had a giveaway that went bad because the company that sponsored it (moon sugar decals) never mailed my winner their prize. But since then, the company got a new guy running the show and he made it right by sending the winner her goodies months after the fact. He also sent me a bunch of decals to sample. Some of which are these cute owl designs. I paired them underneath a variety of nail polish colors to get this cool mix n match look….
I did the other hand a little different just for fun. I think the yellow nails are my faves.
And on each hand I added a polka dotted heart accent nail using Incoco brand’s ‘Perfect Accents‘ in BE MINE. Perfect Accents are small and inexpensive packs that contain only a few nail appliques so you can achieve a quick and easy accent nail!
I’m glad I did these nails when I did because the very next day I had my surprise bridal shower. I had no idea! I never saw it coming. I’m thankful I wasn’t wearing bare nails for that, especially since I was just coming from the gym and had no makeup on. At least my nails looked good! I’ll be walking down the aisle very soon (11 days to be exact), that’s why I’m calling this design OWL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. Til death do us part, my love! xoxo
Visit Incoco: Web / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram
I’m so happy to show you my latest CELEBRITY COPYCAT manicure! From the instant I transitioned my nails from squoval to pointy I just knew that I had to try out this design! Ready to see my rendition of Kelly Osbourne’s black heart nails from the 2013 SAG Awards??
The photo I used of Kelly is not my property – it can be found in this article on reveal.co.uk
My mani isn’t a complete match, since her nails are way pointier. But I am loving this fierce look! I don’t dare file mine as pointy as hers- I really think they’d break!
I timed how long this manicure took me from start to finish and it was 27 minutes. And it didn’t cost me anything since I did it myself. I wonder how much time and money Kelly spent on these nails?! teeheehee 😉
Here’s the steps to create this look:
1) Base coat- I used one coat of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth.
2) Sheer neutral base color- I applied one coat of Seche Vite Chic which is a very sheer pinky peach color meant to be used as a base for french manicures.
3) Black tips- I used China Glaze Liquid Leather and skinny nail art brush to make the heart shape outline. Then I used the China Glaze bottle brush to fill in the rest of the heart with more black polish. However, when I went to do my second hand I skipped the nail art brush part and simply free-handed the hearts using the bottle brush. This was just as effective, but way quicker!!!
4) Silver accents- I can’t tell if Kelly was wearing silver glitter on her tips, or what…since they looked black but also kinda silver too. So I decided to add some pewter-toned polish on top of the black to imitate her look. I used a nail art brush dipped in Sally Hansen Gunmetal to go over top of the black. I brushed it on in a very ‘quick and dirty’ kind of way since I just wanted to add a bit of silver on top of the black.
5) Top coat- I applied one coat of Seche Vite topcoat to finish off my manicure.
And that’s it! What do you think? Any recommendations for other celebrity copycats that I should attempt??? I want to try more!
Hey everyone! I want to show you my heart nails that I’ve been wearing for a couple of days now…
They’re so fun to wear because the hearts are kinda pointy at the ends! When I wave my hands around it’s like, ‘come here… lemme pierce your soul with my spiked love talons”! Ok, well not quite that extreme.. but when you see all ten of them in real life they look kinda cute and fierce. 🙂 Here’s what I’m wearing-
♥ Sally Hansen Maximum Growth – one coat
♥ L.A. Girl French Manicure in Pink Nude – one coat
♥ hand-painted hearts using NYC Black Lace Creme – with a detail brush
♥ center of hearts filled in with AVON Sweet Pea Dream – using the bottle brush
♥ french tips dotted on with NYC French White Tip – with a dotting tool
I’ve really enjoyed this manicure- but it’s time to say goodbye. Gotta work on my design for the SEA theme of Nail Art Ideas Linkup! And don’t forget- you still have a few days to vote for your favorite nail genius of the week from last week’s SUN manicures! It allows you to vote three times…here’s the link:
August 7-11th SUN