I have been lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster award!! It’s such a joy to share my nails with you all, and to know that you view my blog and actually LIKE IT! Ya never know when you start a blog how it will work out. Especially since most of the people in my life couldn’t give two hoots about my fingernails. So, I start a blog and expect complete strangers to give a hoot?? Well, it turns out– many hoots have been given! Over 11,000 hoots (views) to be exact! And those ‘complete strangers’ are no longer strangers… you’re all like my online friends now! It’s so cool to pull up wordpress and check in with you all everyday !
I had several Liebster nominations piling up…why did it take me so long to write this post? Not sure, maybe because it feels like bragging? Anyone else know what I’m talking about? lol Well, I got over it, and the time has finally come for me to shout a big THANKS to the following bloggers who nominated me. There’s some gems here so check ’em out:
It’s hard to find the official rules for this award, but here’s how the Liebster work if you have been nominated:
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer. I chose 5 questions.
- Lastly, display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
HERE’S WHO I NOMINATE:
Small Things Made Significant– http://stmsignificant.wordpress.com
Flight of Whimsy– http://flightofwhimsy.wordpress.com
My Faves Journal– http://myfavesjournal.com
Sockmonkey’s Kitchen– http://sockmonkeyskitchen.com/
3 City Girls NYC– http://3citygirlsnyc.wordpress.com
HERE’S THE QUESTIONS I’D LIKE THEM TO ANSWER:
What’s your favorite post that you’ve written?
If someone told you that you had to start a brand new blog with a different topic… what would you blog about?
Big city or small town?
Do you have any pet peeves?
What’s your star sign? Do you believe in horoscopes?
What’s your favorite band or album?
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- My hair is long and straight so I don’t really style it. Wash, brush and go!
- I ❤ Leonardo DiCaprio
- I can’t live without vegetables!
- When I was a kid I was awesome at Bowling! I won 2nd place in New York State in a big Coca-Cola Tournament.
- What’s my favorite word in the english language? WHATEVER
- You can’t tell from looking at my nails- but I am very tall. Almost 6 feet!
- I love Pixar kids movies.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in International Business.
- I have been a fan of Sinead O’Connor’s music for decades now.
- I exercise a lot but I am not skinny and it looks like I never will be.
- I didn’t know exactly how many polishes I owned… but it didn’t feel like a lot to me. So I just counted them- I have 166 full sized bottles of polishes and 42 mini bottles or stripers.
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS THAT BRIJIT ASKED ME:
- What made you start blogging? — That I was always painting my nails and wanted to talk about them… but no one really cared. So I decided to widen my audience!
- Do your ‘real life’ friends and family know about your blog? Do they follow? –Yeah my friends and family know but most don’t read my blog regularly. Well, maybe more people read it than I think? But they don’t hit the ‘follow’ button so I shall never know.
- How many blogs do you follow? –I follow 296 blogs in wordpress. A few more from outside of wordpress too.
- Are they all beauty blogs? –Nope. Most are about nails, crafts, cooking and diet/nutrition.
- What is your must-have nail polish right now? –Zoya Ali. I got it for free a few months back as part of my Zoya order around valentines day. I only tried it a few wks ago and it’s hot pink and I love how bright it is! I can’t wait to wear it this summer when I’m rocking a nice tan. Would look great on my toes too!
- Your favorite nail art technique? –Chevron French Manicures. They make your nails look long and strong and if you use nail guide stickers they are super easy.
- Do you take part in nail art challenges? I’m participating in my first one right now. Lotsa fun!
- Are you more of a summer or winter person? –Both. I really love them both. Spring and autumn are just blah for me. I like the extremes: snowy white winter… or sunny and hot!
- How do you store your nail polish? –I have a built-in floor to ceiling corner shelf in the main living area of my house. I sort by brand…and they’re all pretty on display. I also have a lot of boxes/containers that I store my not-so- faves in. That helps keep everything consolidated.
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? —I love all animals! I have two cats but I really want a dog too.
- If you were a biscuit, what type of biscuit would you be? –In the U.S. a biscuit is a roll that you eat with dinner. But biscuit may also mean a COOKIE, right? I guess I would be an Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie. Good and bad all at once..but nice and sweet!
Thank you for reading my blog! If you made it all the way through- then you deserve a prize. Here’s a LOLCAT just for you….