I’m so happy to show you my latest CELEBRITY COPYCAT manicure! From the instant I transitioned my nails from squoval to pointy I just knew that I had to try out this design! Ready to see my rendition of Kelly Osbourne’s black heart nails from the 2013 SAG Awards??The photo I used of Kelly is not my property – it can be found in this article on reveal.co.uk
My mani isn’t a complete match, since her nails are way pointier. But I am loving this fierce look! I don’t dare file mine as pointy as hers- I really think they’d break!
I timed how long this manicure took me from start to finish and it was 27 minutes. And it didn’t cost me anything since I did it myself. I wonder how much time and money Kelly spent on these nails?! teeheehee 😉
Here’s the steps to create this look:
1) Base coat- I used one coat of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth.
2) Sheer neutral base color- I applied one coat of Seche Vite Chic which is a very sheer pinky peach color meant to be used as a base for french manicures.
3) Black tips- I used China Glaze Liquid Leather and skinny nail art brush to make the heart shape outline. Then I used the China Glaze bottle brush to fill in the rest of the heart with more black polish. However, when I went to do my second hand I skipped the nail art brush part and simply free-handed the hearts using the bottle brush. This was just as effective, but way quicker!!!
4) Silver accents- I can’t tell if Kelly was wearing silver glitter on her tips, or what…since they looked black but also kinda silver too. So I decided to add some pewter-toned polish on top of the black to imitate her look. I used a nail art brush dipped in Sally Hansen Gunmetal to go over top of the black. I brushed it on in a very ‘quick and dirty’ kind of way since I just wanted to add a bit of silver on top of the black.
5) Top coat- I applied one coat of Seche Vite topcoat to finish off my manicure.
And that’s it! What do you think? Any recommendations for other celebrity copycats that I should attempt??? I want to try more!